May 16, 2004: Today was a fun day!!! I got up at 5:00 AM and at 6:00 AM, met Rick, Terri and Daniel Romine at BART and we all headed into San Francisco for the annual Bay to Breakers run/walk!  Heheh, we had a blast! We started about 1 block past the START line w/many other people who wanted to see the initial start of the race. Well, turns out we also started in the same area as the "Bare to Breakers" who each year, shed their clothes and do the entire 7.5 mile course naked (well they were wearing bright yellow hats)! Heheh, here they are undressing and getting ready to go!

Here we are after finishing the race, taking a much needed break. That's 

May 14, 2004:  All is going well. Been a busy work at week and I'm glad it's Friday.

Latest update from Scott and Tanya: "Here is the latest pictures of of Megan. She is doing well. She actually slept 5 hours straight the last 3 nights in a row. What a treat. Today is a big day. She goes in for her 2 month check up and gets her first set on shots. 2 in each leg. I expect Tanya and I won't have a quiet evening tonight. Not that our house is that quiet any more. I hope everyone is doing well and I will apologize again to anyone I haven't spoken to yet. Things still get a little hectic from time to time"

Also heard from James Canders. He's doing OK over in Iraq, at the Baghdad airport. He's taking on some new responsibilities for the operations of the airport and so far is safe and sound.

That's about it for now. Hope all is going well in your world! :)


May 8, 2004:  Well it's been a good start to the month.  Last weekend on Friday evening I went up to Rancho Cordova to see my friend Johnny. It had been quite a while since we last hung out so it was really good to see him.

Johnny recently moved into a house and has a roommate named Scott. He is a really cool guy. Like Johnny, he's a talented musician and I got a treat that night as I got to hear the two of them jam for the first time. That was fun! Most of the rest of the evening was spent at the ping-pong table. We had a blast! I don't think I've played ping-pong since summer camp when I was about 12. Hehehe, it was fun! 

The next day me, Scott, Johnny, and Myles went out on Scott's boat on a lake just about an hour North of Rancho Cordova (I forget the name). It was a gorgeous day and we had a blast on the lake!  I took a crazy fun ride on the tube and that was fun (but boy, that water was COLD!!). Hehe, Johnny was the man though, as he actually did some water skiing (and did a nice job w/it too). We brought lunch, beers and margaritas, all of which were enjoyed in moderation on the boat :)  At the end of the day, we headed back to Rancho Cordova and early that night, I headed back to Dublin.

The next morning, I took my friend Ashish to the airport (he was flying out to Korea for work). After that, it was back to bed for most of the rest of the morning (I was zonked out). The rest of the day, I just chilled out.

The following week was really busy at work. Lots of long days (projects, projects, customer escalations and projects!), but that helped make the time fly by...

Today, I spent the morning with Ashish, Jill and Nikhil. After a nice visit, I headed out to Half Moon Bay for a few hours. I spent a couple of nice hours walking along the bluffs there. It was foggy out there, but still very nice and I had a great walk. After that, I went over to Rob and Susan's for a couple of hours and had a nice visit with them :)

So, that's about it for now. Hope all is going well in your world! :)



Return to Penz's Journal