October 2005

About Penz Journal Album Interests Memorial Contact Search

October 31, 2005: Some very nice pictures of Marian and Porky taken over this weekend while they spent some time in NYC. Aren't they cute together!?!?! Sure are :-)

October, 28, 2005:

Awww, I just found this picture while going through some files on my computer. This is me and my dad back in 1973 (yep, I was a whopping 3 years old). Hehehe, ok, there is no doubt where my smile came from :)


October 27, 2005:

So, today I got the COOLEST TOY EVER! Hehehe, my awesome brother bought me this at the Sharper Image when out in Las Vegas last week:

This is the Force FX Anakin Skywalker™ Lightsaber™. It is so freaking cool! The sound effects are awesome and the glow of the blade and the way it lights up are hella cool! Heheeh, I had it shipped to my office so as soon as I got it I opened it up, added some batteries and then walked around my office with it. LOL, it was so fun to watch people play with it. Hehehe, instantly turned them into a bunch of 15 year olds :) Hehehe, well isn't that what toys are supposed to do!?!?!


May the Schwartz Be With You!

October 25, 2005

Sooooooooooo, over the weekend I decided to try a little something different and I shave all of my facial hair off! Hehehe, what do ya think!?! :) Personally, I kinda like it and am going to give it a shot for a bit. This is the first time since 1997 that I haven't had facial hair for an extended period of time. Check out my photo album to see me over the years.

Weekend was good. On Saturday, I spent most of the day with Rusty. He and I met a few weeks ago just after he moved out to the SF Bay area from Philadelphia. I've had the pleasure of getting to know him and hang out. We had a really good time just kicking around. I took him for a little tour of the Marin Headlands and Mt. Tamalpais. We ended up walking around on Stintson Beach for a bit before finally returning to the city where we had dinner at Herbivore's (a vegan restaurant. it was actually quite tasty!). All in all, a fun day :)

On Sunday, I spent most of the day with Ashish and Jill and the family. It was Irene's (Jill's mom) birthday! Daniel, Julie and Russet (their pug) were there as were Jack and Kathy. Julie made an AWESOME dinner consisting of a really amazing pasta salad, a raspberry lettuce salad (really tasty). stuffed artichokes and a HUGE platter of mouth watering ribs! For desert, it was her homemade carrot cake! We washed this down with a few bottles of Rosenblum Zinfandel that I brought along. Hehehe, suffice to say, no one left hungry (or thirsty for that matter!). It was a great way to spend the day!!


October 22, 2005: So, I've returned from Las Vegas! All in all, it was a good trip. The best part was being able to see my brother Tim and be able to hang out with him for a few days. That was really nice! I just wish the weather was a bit better for him, but that's ok. I think he had a good time.

I was glad to get home, cause this trip wasn't a vacation. Each day started around 5:45 AM with a customer conference call (they are in the UK) and didn't end until about 10:00 PM at night (where I spent each evening from 5:00 PM-9:30 PM doing presentations on our team to our internal Sales team). For any of you who know what it's like to be 'on' all the time for 5 days straight, you can appreciate just wanting to be able to lock yourself in your hotel room for a few hours to get away from it all. Hehehe, but with that said, I'm glad I went and it was a good opportunity to visit the Wynn and check it out (cause at $245 a night, I"m not planning on doing that anytime soon :)

October 18, 2005: Still in Vegas! <sigh> This trip would definitely be more fun if I was here on a vacation, but that's not the case. I'm still working my day job full time while also doing the other job responsibilities I have out here specific to the conference. Heck, I even got a new customer escalation to manage which has blessed me with 6 AM conference calls (ick!). Heheh, well, at the very least, I'm getting to meet a lot of people that I've worked with for a while that I get to meet in person. That's pretty cool.

Other than that, not too much has been going on. I'm looking forward to getting home on Thursday as I go from the airport right up to Napa to meet with Aunt Linda for a night of being wined and dined. That's going to be a lot of fun!

Ok, off to my next meeting :P


October 17, 2005: Viva Las Vegas! LOL, well I'm out here in Las Vegas attending the Avaya 2006 Avaya Sales Kickoff Conference. So far, it's been a good experience as I'm getting to meet a lot of people I've worked with over the years. It's been a very positive experience so far!

I'm staying at the Wynn Las Vegas and this place is pretty sweet! Hehe, kinda funny and cool to see the Avaya IP Softphone in the room.

I'll be out here through Thursday.

OK, off to work!


October 9, 2005: T'was a good weekend! On Friday night hung out with Alex, his brother-in-law Kevin and our friend Simon up in Brentwood. I got there a bit earlier that the rest of the crew, so Alex and I went out and went down to the local golf course to practice putting. LOL, it was actually a lot of fun (considering that I don't play golf). Hehehe, that fun was probably enhanced by the fact that I turned out to have a pretty good 'short game'. So, with that said, maybe, just maybe, I'll play a game of golf... one day :) The night was a fun one! We drank lots of wine, had lots of fun conversations, and oh yeah, played some cards ;)

Next morning, I left Brentwood and slowly made my over to Danville to attend Gabriel Tanner's 4th BDay party. Hehehe, that was a lot of fun and it was great to see/hang out with the rest of the Tanner family :)

That evening, I got called upon to pick up Justin at the airport so it was off to SFO! Heheh, I love flying into SFO but hate picking people up there because unless you're exactly on time, you have to either pay for parking (ick!) or drive around in circles until your party can meet you curbside. Well, his plan 'landed' on time but then spent another 30 minutes waiting for a gate before they deplaned. Then to add to the fun, his luggage didn't make onto the flight (in NY it took so long to get through customs that he 'just made it' to his connecting flight). So, once he filled out the forms, it was back to his place where he grabbed a shower and then off for a bit to eat at Red Robin (I had a craving for buffalo wings). Then, it was back to SFO to pick up his luggage and then I finally dropped his ass off at home! In a nutshell, it sounds like he had an awesome time in London and Paris

and I'll post some of his pictures up here in a bit.

October 6, 2005: Heheh, yeah, I'm still alive! LOL, just been a crazy busy week, that's all :)

On Friday night I went out into the city and met up with my friend Ben, his roommate Brian and couple of his friends. It was a fun night! We drank few a few hours and just hung out together. It was a great way to start off the weekend.

On Saturday I spent the day with my new found friend Matt Consola. We spent the afternoon together wandering around the gardens in the San Francisco Golden Gate Park. It was a wonderful afternoon of just hanging out together, doing a whole lot of talking, and enjoying the environment we were in. He showed me the National AIDS Memorial Grove of which he played a part in helping get started and still helps maintain. It's a beautiful tribute to those who had died from AIDS and to the friends and families of those who supported them. We also got to enjoy the tea gardens and we spent about an hour or so talking over a pot of jasmine tea and cookies. Quite nice :)

That evening we went back to his place where I got to meet Matt's husband, Ian. LOL, 6 years off the boat from Ireland, you'd think his accent would have dulled down a bit. Not a chance! Hehehe, he's a great guy and has got a feisty personality to match his Irish brogue. For dinner, we started off with some tasty vittles we picked up at A.J. Ferrari and Sons in the Castro and enjoyed a bottle of 2002 Syrah from Unti Vineyards. For dinner, I brought up a homemade vegetarian lasagna that I made and we enjoyed that with another 4 bottles of wine! Hahaha, the company, conversation, food and wine were all awesome and LOL, I didn't drive home that night. I crashed out on heir new airbed in the living room (quite comfy actually.. then again, I was so sloshed that I could have slept on rocks and thought them comfy too! :-)

On Sunday I got up early and headed home. After a shower and some breakfast it was off to Rob and Susan's where I ended up playing chef for about 25 people and cooked up some BBQ. Hehehe, always a fun time, I enjoyed hanging out with my CA parents and their friends. Heheh, such the 'good son'. That night, I relaxed!

This past week has been a very busy one at work. It's been challenging and I'll leave it at that. LOL, guess that's what I get for managing executive escalations, eh? :P Well, I guess I'll be having a little bit of fun as I fly to Las Vegas on the 16th for a Sales Conference. I'll be pitching my team to the Sales organization to make sure they understand who we are, what we do and how to contact us. Should be fun! We'll be staying at the new Wynn Casino. Looks like a really nice place to stay! I'll be returning back in CA on the 20th.

I've been getting updates from Justin over the past week. He LOVED being in London and wants to move there. Hehehe, yeah, not the cheapest place to live, but a lot of fun! Right now he's in Paris and he's enjoying that too.

No other major trips planned for this month. Next month, I'll be back East Nov. 5-15.

And of course, I get the pleasure of getting daily updates on my nephew Seth. Tim and Suzanne are doing a fantastic job of spending time w/him as he hangs out at the NICU at the New England Medical Center. His health seems to be steadily getting better and he's cute as ever! :-)

I hope all is well in your neck of the woods! Drop a line and say hi :-)


Return to Journal Home Page

terms of use